Recommended Equipment for Agents
Agents are expected to have standard equipment necessary for conducting real estate brokerage services from a home office. The following list of recommended equipment and specifications is provided as a resource but is by no means inclusive of all equipment that you may wish to use in your real estate activities.
Smartphone (e.g., iPhone or comparable) capable of running applications
- A local telephone number is highly recommended because it helps establish credibility in the local market.
Laptop computer with the following minimum specifications:
- Minimum 16GB of RAM
- Minimum 500GB hard drive capacity (1TB or more recommended)
- Intel i5 or i7 processor
- Current operating system capable of running necessary applications and software (Windows 11 or macOS 14 Sonoma)
- Capable of dual monitors (dual monitors are highly recommended because they allow you to simultaneously use and view multiple software programs)
- Current anti-virus software
- Free of software, applications, and accounts that may interfere with CARR software and applications
Multifunction color printer with the following minimum specifications:
- Print resolution: 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi
- Copy resolution: up to 600 dpi
- Scan resolution: up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Fax resolution (black): up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Premium bright white printer paper is highly recommended for all client documents
Document binding machine capable of preparing bound client documents. Examples include:
- TruBind TB-S12 Coil Binding Machine
- Rayson TD-132 Binding Machine
Our technology department is available for basic systems support; however, if your device does not meet the current minimum recommended specifications, or if a systems issue is caused by software unrelated to our business, then we may not be able to fully support your device and may instead recommend the services of a third party. Any expenses for third-party services are your responsibility. Agents must remove any software, applications, and accounts that may interfere with CARR software and applications prior to systems setup and training at CARR.
In addition, Microsoft has announced that it will stop providing security updates and other support for Windows 10. Due to ongoing support and security concerns with that operating system, our technology department is not able to support a device running Windows 10. Agents are expected to provide a device with a current operating system (Windows 11 or macOS 14 Sonoma) for necessary applications and software.
If you require technology support, please follow our technology support guidelines to generate a support ticket.